The South Dayton Hotel was originally built in 1877 and was originally composed of a lobby, restaurant, and bar on the first floor, guest rooms on the second, and a ballroom on the third floor. After relocating from Switzerland, Adolph Zollinger and his wife Selina purchased the hotel for $3,000 in 1925. Since then, the Hotel has remained in the Zollinger Family. Adolf & Selina ran the Hotel as a boarding house during Prohibition, then sold the business to their son Robert in 1935. Robert and his wife Louise ran the Hotel as a bar, resturaunt, and boarding house until Rober's death in 1976. Louise continued the business until her death in 1985, at which time their daughter Karen took over; running the hotel as a bustling restaurant, bar, and liquor store. The Hotel was passed on to the younger generation in 2013, when Karen sold the business to Jeff Stoltenberg (one of the Zollinger "kids") and his wife Mandy. Jeff and Mandy have since been working hard at expanding the business to include catering, and a full bar service at The Grandview in Ellington, as well as owning two other establishments - MJ's Tavern in Randolph & Someplace Else in Cherry Creek.